Tips to Use Skype Group Video Call Service
I think Every regular internet user know about “Skype”, the begetter of VoIP telephony. If you don’t know let me tell you, Skype is world’s number 1 internet calling service with 663 million registered users. If you have Skype, you probably know that you can use this application to chat, call and send text messages to anywhere around the world. Besides, Skype offers the ability to make group video call up-to 10 participants simultaneously. To carry out Skype video conferencing you must have Skype premium account. Let’s move ahead but read every bit part of article carefully.
Before you begin:
Before making group video call, you have do few things. On the Consent of all, you have to set up meeting at such a time which is favorable for every participant. If participating members belongs to different country then you need to shoot out email to inform each & every participating members about the decided time of meeting according to specific time zone. Besides, you should informed them about everything thing, which is necessary to have in the meeting
To make Skype group video call at least a one participant mush have group video calling subscription. As per you requirement you can go for 12 month ($4.49/month), 3 month ($6.74/month), 1 month ($8.99/month) and 1 day ($4.99/day) subscription. Make sure every participant have latest version of Skype on their computer or laptop running under windows and mac operating system with high speed broadband connection, a webcam and headset with built-in mic.
You can make group video call with 3 or maximum up-to 10 people simultaneously. Skype mobile users can also participate in the conference but via voice only.
To make group video call:
- First of all, login to you Skype account.
- In Skype menu bar click on the Contacts Tab and then select Create new group.
- On the left side of screen you will see the list of your contact, select the contact you wish you add in the conference and drag it to the empty area of group window.
- Repeat this phenomenon for each person you want to add in group video call, or click on the + button and select Add people from the drop-down menu. A pop window will appear, in the window select the people whom you want to add (hold Ctrl button to select more than 1 contact) and click on Select and then Add button.
- Instead of above mentioned procedure, simply call 1 person from your contact and click on the + button, then select Add people. When you click on the Add people to this call button a pop up window will open, here you will see the list of people just click on the their name and then Add to call. They will be added to the group.
You can add up-to 9 people but for best quality, it is recommended to have up-to 5 people in conference.
- If you intend to call this group again then simply click on the “Save Group in Contacts” button present on the top right corner of the window. A screen will appear asking to assign name to the group. Enter the name as per your choice “Business associates” and then click on “OK” for adding this group to your contact list.
- Once group is created you can go for Group Chat, group audio call by clicking on the “Call Group” button (up-to 25 members), and group video call by clicking on the “Video Call” button ( 10 participants).
- Now click on the “Video Call” button to initiate group video calling.
- During the video conference if needed you can send file and share your screen with other participants in the conference.
- Record group video call:
Once group conference is over, each participants can save the copy of text chat conversation for future reference. You can also record your video conversation, if you have installed Pamela for Skype – Basic Edition. If you don’t have then go to the Tool tab in Skype menu bar and click on the Get Apps. As soon as you click on that button you will redirected to Skype apps store. On the left side you will find categories, from the list click on the Call Recording. Here you will find all the call recording apps, download and install anyone among them and you will be able to record Skype group video calls.
I have tried to explain the every necessary aspect of Skype Group Video Calls, if you think I am missing something important then just let know. Even if you face any difficulties while making conference call, feel free to comment.